Friday 24 June 2011

INSPIRED BY: brandon boyd

I've always been a bit of a fan of Brandons Boyd's work (artistically and musically). For whatever reason I seem to be attracted to strong line–based illustrations. Perhaps that is why I'm quite fond of comic books? These are some of my favourite works of his...

(top to bottom, left to right)
Hurley Project Exhibition | Elephant




He recently collaborated with Hurley and H.O.P.E. to raise funds and bring awareness to conserving our oceans. Along the walls Brandon wrote: "We are an island. And whether by luck or misfortune, we have nowhere else to go. We are a beautiful island. But we are misguided and off course. Demand clean energy! Ban single use plastics! Protect our island, and give hope to our children's children. Leave the island better than you found it."
Check out more photos of the exhibition here and the video documenting the process here.

(top to bottom, left to right)
Spilling/Spinning | Spinning Hair Girl | Orangutan









Like many fellow Incubus fans I can be a bit obsessive! I remember doing at least two projects based on their work while I was studying for my degree. One of them was inspired visually by Spinning Hair Girl (above) and inspired conceptually by one of my favourite Incubus songs Redefine.
I'm motivated to do some illustrations now :)

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome
    Reply
    phannhathoang144@gmail.com4 March 2019 at 01:07

    Bài viết rất hay: Chúng tôi có các cơ sở in ấn tại các điểm sau :sami
    local
    star
    bio
    showing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for commenting! -Tori xx